Photo Courtesy: Selva on Flickr
When was the last time you were touched and moved?
Do you recall one such moment in the last few weeks?
I am sure that it was not:
* When you went to a grocery store and picked up something and the cashier gave a smile that he gives to everyone in the line.
* When you ordered a book from an online store and it was delivered on the day it was promised.
* When you went to a restaurant and the meal was good – as it was expected to be.
I can go on with examples – but if I have to summarize it in a simple fashion, this is the way I would do it:
You rarely get touched and moved by a common and expected response on something that you care about.
So, carrying forward the same logic, you generally get touched and moved by an uncommon and unexpected response on something that you care about.
With that in the background, think about the last few weeks.
Were you touched and moved by someone or something?
I hope your answer was – “Yes, a number of times.”
But the real question is this:
In the last few weeks did you do something that “touched and moved” someone?
You would have, if you did something uncommon and unexpected related to something they cared about. You would have made their day.
If you are struggling to answer that question, you got your work cut out for next weekRelated Articles:
- The Invitation
- A review that brought tears in my eyes
- Book recommendations and power of questions
- Quotes worth recording – Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
Posted in the Main Page category.
3 Comments so far, Add Yours
Leave a Comment