Photo Courtesy: Polgano at Flickr
Hard work alone may not be enough to get the recognition you deserve.
Enjoy the story:
James worked hard but that was not enough. Throughout the four years, James got no credit or someone else got credit for his work. James was frustrated. One day, his long-time friend told him – “James, either you make it hard to give you credit or you make work seem easy.”
Update: Based on first comment and two emails I received, it is clear that some people are reading too much between the lines. So some clarifications below:
* In order to be recognized, you don’t need to boast your accomplishments, you don’t need to hide them either.
* You need to be humble but you that does not mean “devalue” your contributions
* You don’t have to promote yourself but that does not mean you should shy away from shocasing a masterpiece that you might have created.
1. A mini saga is a story told in exactly 50 words. Not 49 or 51 but exactly 50.
2. You can download a photographic manifesto of Mini Sagas at ChangeThis. Here is the link – Mini Sagas: Bite-sized Wisdom for Life and Business (PDF, 2.9MB).
- Mini Saga #30 – The Discount
- Mini Saga – exercise for your brain
- Mini Saga #11 – The Team
- Mini Saga #20 – Happiness
Posted in the Mini Saga category.
3 Comments so far, Add Yours
Leave a Comment