Three simple things:
1. Genuinely care about your readers
2. Address a core concern of your audience
3. Focus on ROII (return on investment for an interaction)
What is one thing that people will have less of in 2009?
You may want to say MONEY but I think it will be the ATTENTION that they can provide you or anyone else. If the economy worsens (do we still have a doubt) further, there will be further reduction in ATTENTION. Every minute invested in you is an opportunity cost for the reader. Remember that they could have done something else in the same time – they have a choice.
Do you honestly think:
What you have written will provide the highest return for the time invested (ROII) for the reader?
Examples of a few blog posts that provide a huge ROII are here:
- Inspired by a book? Share your stories on Suggestica
- One more reason why you MUST focus on creating GREAT content
- 200 more invites for Dhingana
- 10 things they didn’t tell you about blogging
Posted in the Main Page category.
Leave a Comment