On Nov 23, Hugh made a call to “Change the world, 500 words at a time.” Brevity is good, but hard to practice. I was in the middle of writing my new eBook “Making the most of your time” [more than 10,000 words ] and decided to get a 500-word excerpt for this manifesto. So, here it goes:
Making the most of your time
You can’t manage time. You can only manage yourself. Successful people manage to get a lot more out of their time. Here are nine things that you can focus on next year to make the most out of your time.
1. Executing on your current projects flawlessly
2. Strengthening your personal brand
Your personal brand or identity in the marketplace is important as it has direct correlation with the value that the marketplace places on you. Here is how it always works – first you invest in your personal brand meaning first you work on your personal brand and then your personal brand works for you.
3. Building long-term relationships
• It is not what you know but who you know.
• It is not who you but how you know who you know
• It is just not who you know; it is who knows you.
4. Increasing your capacity to deliver
5. Making a difference to the world
6. Increasing others’ capacity to make a difference
7. Spending time with friends and family
8. Become a valued member in multiple networks
9. Learning and learning to unlearn
It is also important to ensure that you leave behind those skills that may no longer be relevant. In other words, learn to unlearn.
- Update on ChangeThis Manifesto – Making the Most of your Time
- Audio: Making the most of your time – Part 1
- Six-Word Memoir – Retake
- Six word memoir (courtesy: Dan Pink)
Posted in the Main Page category.
8 Comments so far, Add Yours
Leave a Comment