Let us do some introspection. Think about all your interactions with people in the last one month. How many of them do you vividly remember today? In fact answer the following questions:
* How many of those interactions will you remember next year?
* How many of those interactions will you remember throughout your lifetime?
In Other words,
Not many you might say. May be you didn’t meet with a lot of interesting people last month. Not many people took their time to create memorable experiences for you. One of your reactions may be that you should aim to meet other people who might be able to create those memorable experiences. That’s the easiest thing to do.
Now, think about all the people that interacted with you last month.
* Would any of them remember that interaction next year?
* Would any of them remember that interaction throughout their lifetime?
In other words,
Everyone is busy in their own lives. Unless you work very hard to create significant value in that interaction for the other person, there is no reason for that person to remember that interaction. Very few people worry about creating memorable exerpiences for others. If you are one of them, you are on our way to distinguishing yourself.
Good luck!Related Articles:
- Making a “memorable” statement
- Ways to distingish yourself – #44 Connect your projects
- “25 Ways to Distinguish Yourself” released at ChangeThis.com
- 25 Ways to Distinguish Yourself in Spanish – Translated by Carlos Padilla
2 Comments so far, Add Yours
Leave a Comment