I am a Citibank customer and my first job was with that organization (long) back in India. I love that company.
Recently I noticed that they have an offer for people like me – Non-Resident Indians. We can open an NRI account with Zero Balance.
Now, think of that offer for a second –
2. What is so special about this?
3. How many account holders will consider this the best thing to happen since slice of bread?
A bank account, unfortunately is a commodity offering. So, I understand that banks have to work hard to distinguish themselves in that regard. But offering a “zero balance” account does not fall into that “special feature” category. Sorry!Related Articles:
- The Extra-mile Exercise: Selling scented candles
- Defy commoditization – Mortgage banking example
- Differentiating yourself in a services business
- Why do I think many software engineers are on drugs?
Posted in the Main Page category.
One comment already – Add Yours
Leave a Comment