I have written about thinking before. Here is one link:
When I talk about it some people get offended. It’s as if I am making
an assessment that THEY are not thinking and I am the ONLY one that is
thinking. Once I clarify to them that we are ALL victims of this
wonderful trap that will force us to “Thinking on the go”
meaning we have to think when we are doing something else. The society
and structure won’t let us to just set aside some time to JUST THINK.
In general nobody does it and you don’t want to be an odd man out – so
you get into the same trap.
In order to make a change, try to do carry out this exercise this week:
an appointment with yourself for about an hour. Switch off all
communication devices (cellphone, blackberry, email and internet) and
think about a topic that matters most to you in the near future. For
now, don’t worry about the outcome. It doesn’t matter. The key is to
get into the thinking habit and getting off the “Thinking on the go”
On a lighter note, I ask people these questions:
2. Have you worked out for so long that your body was aching?
3. Have you written so much that your hands were hurting?
4. Have you eaten so much that your tummy started hurting?
Most often, people say “Yes” to more than one of the above questions leading me to asking them one final question:
Let me end this short note with a famous quote by Henry Ford.
– Henry Ford
- Managing Time vs Increasing Leverage
- Ways to distinguish yourself – #31 Use your “thinking bandwidth” wisely
- Why some smart people are reluctant to share?
- Investing to create a compelling future
Posted in the Main Page category.
Leave a Comment